Thursday 22 May 2014

Mourinho is jealous of my CV, jokes Van Gaal

Mourinho is jealous of my CV, jokes Van Gaal


Louis van Gaal has revealed that Jose Mourinho texted him on his appointment as Manchester United manager to reveal his jealousy at the list of clubs the Dutchman has managed.

Van Gaal's imminent move to Old Trafford will provide the latest chapter in an illustrious career which also includes spells in charge of Ajax, Barcelona and Bayern Munich.
Mourinho was interviewed by the Catalan giants prior to the appointment of Pep Guardiola in the summer of 2008, and was widely reported to be keen on succeeding Sir Alex Ferguson as United boss before David Moyes was chosen.

And speaking to Dutch television channel RTL, Van Gaal claimed that Mourinho - his former assistant and long-time friend - had been in touch to reveal his awe at his mentor's CV.

"Jose Mourinho was one of the first people that texted me when I got the job. He said that he was jealous of my resume of clubs," Van Gaal said with a smirk.

The 62-year-old also insisted he does not foresee any problems with Ferguson, who remains on the board of directors at United and previously endorsed Ryan Giggs for the manager's job.

"I will probably have a drink with Sir Alex Ferguson, but we've done that a couple of times before," he added. "We get along quite fine.
"I don't think his pressure will be a big problem. I put a lot of pressure on myself. We need to get United back to the summit, as soon as possible.

"Maybe people will think that this will happen in the first seeason, but we'll have to see. In the end, there's only one team that becomes champions."

No comments:

Post a Comment