Thursday 22 May 2014

Eto'o hits out at 'puppet' Mourinho

Eto'o hits out at 'puppet' Mourinho
The Portuguese was caught making disparaging remarks about the Cameroon striker in February and the 33-year-old has now hit back, while insisting that he is still physically fit

Samuel Eto’o has reignited his war of words with Jose Mourinho, branding the Chelsea manager a “puppet” while insisting he remains capable of performing at the highest level.

Mourinho was caught on camera making disparaging remarks about the quality of the club's strikers at a sponsors' event in Switzerland in February, and suggested that Eto'o could be older than he claims to be.

The 33-year-old Cameroon international, who scored 14 times during what is likely to be a single season at Stamford Bridge, broke his silence on the matter last week - branding Mourinho a “fool” - and is refusing to let the matter lie.

Asked about the nature of his relationship with the Portuguese coach, Eto’o told Cafonline: "Contrary to what a puppet says about my age, I am still physically fit. At 33, I feel really good. I have proven that I can do better than the younger players.

"And I wish to also say that I am not going to the United States or to the Middle East. I will continue at the top level. I will continue to play the Champions League. My romance with this competition is far from over.

"I will not tell you where, but I will be at the top level. I am 33 and I have two World Cups to play. There are other players who went on until the age of 41 so there is no reason why I cannot continue."

No comments:

Post a Comment