Tuesday 1 April 2014

"I think there must be a lucky star shining over me." Aguero


Start Believing: Aguero's Elvish ink
Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero has always been a highly confident striker – and with good reason.

The boyhood Independiente fan made his first team debut for the Argentine outfit at the tender age of 15, before gaining plaudits for his finishing prowess at Atletico Madrid alongside Fernando Torres and then Diego Forlan. 

Little wonder that he once admitted: "I think there must be a lucky star shining over me."

Following his £38 million transfer to Eastlands in 2011 and his stunning strike to secure City the title in the final game of his first season there, Aguero said: “You’re not sure if it’s ever going to happen in your career again. I feel so lucky, and so blessed. I somehow found the strength in the dying seconds to do what I needed to.” 

Scored of the Rings | Aguero's tattoo in full view against Cardiff

Aguero has occasionally referred to the Tengwar tattoo on his right arm. Written in Lord Of The Rings style Elvish, and created by J. R. R. Tolkien, Middle Earth lingo clearly does the job for Sergio - who waxes lyrical about the 'spiritual and deep meaning of the writing' which is an Elvish translation of ‘Kun Aguero’. His former Atletico strike partner Torres has a similar hallmark on his right arm, which, unsurprisingly, reads “Fernando” in Elvish. 

Whenever Aguero nets for City, he invariably kisses his left arm, which bears the name of his son Benjamin. “My son’s existence gives me strength. He gives me purpose. I think of him every time I score,” explains the doting dad. 

If Sergio’s tats aren’t quite enough to see him through matches, then just to make sure he plays a blinder, Aguero always rubs his hands together vigorously as he walks through the tunnel to the pitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment