Thursday 13 February 2014

Rossi: I will be fit for Coppa Italia final

Rossi: I will be fit for Coppa Italia final

The Italian forward is hoping to make a quick recovery from injury in order to repay the faith shown in him by the Viola
Fiorentina striker Giuseppe Rossi has declared he will return from his most recent knee injury in time for the Coppa Italia final in May.
Further scans on an injury picked up in early January revealed that the Italy international, whose career has been plagued by knee problems, does not require surgery and he is expected to be back in action within a couple of months.
Rossi, currently rehabilitating in the USA, witnessed his team-mates reach the Coppa Italia final with a 2-0 win over Udinese on Tuesday and was touched by Fiorentina president Andrea Della Valle dedicating the cup progress to him.
"I have been told of the dedication from Della Valle. It brings me so much pleasure," Rossi, 27, told Firenzeviola.it.
"I was thrilled to see the semi-final on television. I spoke with some of the directors on this extraordinary achievement.
"And when I return, which I hope will be as soon as possible, I want to repay all that confidence that Fiorentina have had in me. With patience, hard work and dedication I will return to play.
"You see Giuseppe Rossi come May on the field in the final at the Stadio Olimpico."
Fiorentina's victory on Tuesday set up a tie against Napoli in the final after they defeated Rome on Wednesday, scheduled for May 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment