Saturday 7 June 2014

Benzema: Real Madrid's potential Suarez signing doesn't worry me

Benzema: Real Madrid's potential Suarez signing doesn't worry me
The France international says he would welcome the Liverpool striker to the Spanish capital, despite the competition any move would bring
Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema says he is not worried by the prospect of his side signing Luis Suarezthis summer.

The Santiago Bernabeu side, fresh from winning the Decima, have been strongly linked with a move for the Liverpool forward.

Benzema's position in the Madrid starting line-up would undeniably jeopardised by the Uruguayan's arrival but the France international says he is not in the least bit perturbed.

"I'm not under any special pressure about it [a potential move for Suarez]," Benzema told Marca. "Suarez is a great player and has had a great season. If he comes, he'll be a help."

Indeed, Benzema said he has no intention of leaving Los Blancos any time soon, revealing that he is hoping to secure a contract extension.

"I hope to reach an agreement with Madrid," the 26-year-old stated. "There is no other club like this one.

"Every year I feel better and only think about Real. I'm happy here with my family. My parents go where I go; they come to see me a lot."

Benzema admitted that Madrid were delighted to have finally realised the club's dream of claiming a tenth European Cup but revealed that they are already thinking about winning everything next season.

"I went to Real Madrid to win La Decima," said the forward. "I dreamed all my life about that trophy and I'm very proud. 

"I'll never forget it. But football moves on quickly. Luckily, we now have the World Cup, but what we have done will always be in a player's career.

"We want the six titles [next season]. Real Madrid have no choice. 

"We have the Club World Cup, the Spanish Super Cup, the European [Super Cup], the league, the Champions League again and the cup [Copa del Rey]. 

"We have to win it all. And we can, because we are a great team."

However, Benzema argued that coach Carlo Ancelotti, who only arrived in the Spanish capital last summer, has allowed Madrid's stellar squad to realise their full potential.

"[Ancelotti's secret is] staying calm, above all not driving us crazy," the former Olympique Lyonnais ace explained.

"We've always been clear about everything. We've always been tight as a team and then all the talent in the group makes the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment