Monday 21 April 2014

WORDS FROM MOURINHO ABOUT R.MADRID

Mourinho: Real Madrid remain my team in Spain



Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has insisted that he remains a Real Madrid supporter - despite the bitter nature of his exit from the Santiago Bernabeu last summer.

The two-time Champions League winner arrived in Spain in 2010 and won a Copa del Rey in his first year with Los Blancos before then leading the capital club to the Liga title in his second season.

His third campaign ended not only without a trophy but also in acrimony, with the 51-year-old having out with a number of key players, including captain Iker Casillas, and it was recently claimed that the Portuguese felt "betrayed" by some of his squad.

However, Mourinho insisted ahead of Chelsea's Champions League semi-final first-leg clash with Atletico Madrid at the Vicente Caldron that he is still a Blancos fan.

"In Spain, my club is Real Madrid and when they win competitions when I'm not involved I'm happy," he told reporters. 

Mourinho saw his Blancos side lose the 2013 Copa del Rey final to Atletico and while he refused to discuss the strengths of Diego Simeone's side, he admitted that he has the utmost respect for the club from the Calderon.

"I am not here to talk to you about Atletico’s qualities; I did that with my players already," he stated.

"No team arrives in a Champions League semi-final without being a very good team and there are no exceptions. To be here they have to be a very good team.

"We respect them, have studied and analysed them. I am not going to talk to you about what my vision of Atlético as a team is.

No comments:

Post a Comment