Tuesday 1 April 2014

PEP GUADIOLA, THE NEXT COACH AFTER MOYES FAILURE OLD TRAFFORD

Guardiola: I met with Sir Alex & maybe he offered me the Manchester United job
Bayern Munich boss Pep Guardiola has joked he may have been offered the Manchester United job at a dinner with Sir Alex Ferguson but that he could not fully understand the Scotsman's accent.

Guardiola was heavily tipped to move to Old Trafford when Sir Alex eventually retired but instead surprised many by announcing his intention to join the Bavarian giants in January of 2013.
Now, as he prepares his side for their Champions League quarter-final clash with David Moyes' men, he has revealed that he may have been asked to succeed the Scot – but that his poor English led to him misunderstanding the 72-year-old.

"He invited me to a super restaurant," the Bayern coach told reporters at his pre-match press conference.

"We had a very good time but my English is not so good, so when Sir Alex spoke quickly I didn't understand him. Maybe I didn't understand if I received an offer or not!

“It was a friendly dinner, like always he has with me. He was so gentle and we spend a very good time together.”

Guardiola also offered consolation to David Moyes who, in his first season at United, has overseen a number of poor results.

The Red Devils are currently seventh in the Premier League but the ex-Barcelona manager believes the 50-year-old needs a “little more time” to prove his managerial ability.

"No one can have the secrets to eternal success. No one can win titles without big players and I was lucky throughout my career to have big, big players,” he added.

“I have a lot of respect for my colleagues and, when Manchester United decided to take David Moyes, it is because they are able to do it. Sometimes you need a little more time. The decisions of Manchester United are always right. They know he is a good coach and did a good job at Everton.”

No comments:

Post a Comment