Monday 24 February 2014

ZINEDINE ZIDANE TO REPLACE CARLO ANCELOTTI AS HEAD COACH AT REAL MADRID

'I'm ready for this' - Zidane sets sights on head coach role


Zinedine Zidane says he is ready to become a head coach after spending time as Carlo Ancelotti's assistant at Real Madrid.

The former France international, who was named sporting director at Santiago Bernabeu in 2011, opted to become Ancelotti's No.2 when the Italian replaced Jose Mourinho in the dugout during the summer.

Following his first six months as Ancelotti's right-hand man, Zidane insists he now feels ready to try his luck at the helm of a side, and has vowed to build his first team into an efficient attacking unit.

"I'm excited to give everything, to repay the confidence I've been given. Above all, I'm a competitor, it's in my blood," he told L'Equipe.

"My team will be balanced but lead by the attack. Their game will be simple but attacking.

"My trust is not easy to win, but when I give it, it's so that people can use it.

"My ambition is to continue creating and giving. I know I'm ready for this, to transmit this, to be useful. And I will give more if I coach a team.

"I know my limits, my desires. I want to see if I'm capable of reaching the summit of my ambition. But I also want to learn, to work, to move forward."

Zidane, who won eight trophies as a player with Madrid following his transfer from Juventus, went on to pay tribute to both Ancelotti and club president Florentino Perez for their guidance during his time at the club.

"For the moment I'm the assistant of Madrid, of Ancelotti, who is a great coach. I learn at his side," he added.

"It's the same with the president. I'm lucky to have a relationship built on respect and affection with the person who brought me from Turin. Without him, I never would have come to Madrid.

No comments:

Post a Comment